It’s still rainy season here in the Philippines but when it’s not raining, it can get really hot. Smoothies are the perfect coolers! And very nutritious (as long as you don’t add sugar or some syrup anymore ). There are three basic ingredients to make a smoothie: liquid, fruits and ice. Some just use frozen fruit so they still get a cold smoothie even with less or no ice.
Our fruit combo: watermelon, kiwis, grapes and apple.
Step 1: Pour 1 cup of liquid. You can add as needed but this was enough for us since our fruits have high water content.
Step 2: Add the prepared/sliced fruits.
Step 3: Add the ice.
Step 4: Put the lid back on securely and blend!
Pour into tall glasses and enjoy!
Extra healthy/yummy tips:
- Try other yummy liquid options: soya milk or other nut milk (unsweetened), coconut water, orange juice, fat free milk and yogurt.
- Bananas are great taste neutralizers, thickener and can be added to any smoothie.
- Boost flavor by adding vanilla extract or spices like nutmeg or cinnamon. Ren added wild honey to his smoothie.
- To make your smoothie more nutritious, you can add barley powder, oats, chia seeds and flax seeds.
- One of the fun things about making smoothies is trying out different fruit and veggie combos! This list sounds good:
*Banana, peach and melon
*Mango, pineapple, orange and carrot
*Strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, banana with oj and yogurt
*Banana, strawberry and kiwi
*Strawberry and papaya
Any suggestions? 🙂